A Connected Life: Meaningful relationships and connections to weather tough times, improve health, and live a happier life.
June 20, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm| $195.00
Recent research has provided some stunning insights into the healing power of human connection. We are hardwired for social connection, and having a strong relationship with ourselves, friends, family, and our community plays a significant role in our emotional and physical well-being.
We are like horses in our need for strong social bonds. Horses live in herds and form strong social connections to ensure their safety and health. Additionally, horses have survived for millions of years by utilizing a keen sense of awareness and emotional resilience, lessons they naturally share with us when we are in their presence.
In this unprecedented time of uncertainty, isolation, and change, building and maintaining strong relationships is a key ingredient to successfully navigating our day to day and what lies ahead. Luckily, the horses are here to help.
Combining fifteen years of coaching tools in personal development and leadership plus the wisdom and grace of our horse partners, HorseLink is proud to offer this new program. This program is open to anyone who feels they could benefit from extra support and wishes to live a more connected life even during stressful times.
In this workshop, we will:
- Explore the ways we can more readily connect with our authentic selves, and thus connect more deeply with others.
- Learn specific tools for communication which facilitate deeper connections with others.
- Develop a better relationship with our emotions and understand the messages behind them, giving us guidance in decision making and acting.
- Experience being versus doing and leading from our deepest values.
- Understand how building and maintaining meaningful relationships can help us combat anxiety, depression, and loneliness and positively affect our emotional and physical health.
Due to the Texas heat, this program is offered in three half-day sessions on Saturdays, June 20 & 27, and July 11 from 9 am – 1 pm. The cost is $195 per person for the three sessions. Space is limited as we keep our group sizes small in order to ensure the safety and attention needed for each participant.
Please keep in mind that this program will be conducted outdoors, so please take that into consideration when deciding to attend. We have thorough health safety measures in place due to the Covid 19 pandemic and will provide complete information to you once you are registered.
All sessions are facilitated by Julie Puentes, M.S. and one additional HorseLink facilitator.