Harnessing the power of the horse~human connection
HorseLink is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Austin, Texas. Founded in 2012, it provides sanctuary and renewed purpose to retired competition horses and a place of healing and growth for people. At HorseLink, we believe that reestablishing the age-old bond between humans and horses can be both restorative and deeply rewarding.
- supporting people in need with innovative and inspiring equine-assisted learning programs which emphasize connecting with horses, nature, and self
- providing competition horses with a compassionate and cost-effective retirement alternative which includes lifetime care and continued purpose through positive human interaction
Upcoming Events & Programs:
- Saturday, October 8 – Horse Power: Reclaiming Your Life After Trauma, Illness, or Loss
- Saturday, October 15- Saddle Up Austin!™
- Saturday, November 19– HorseLink for Veterans
In the News:
We are excited to announce our Facilitator Training Program starting September 2016!
Real Guidance: Equine Therapy at HorseLink, The Dispatch: The magazine of the Texas Military Department, December 2015
HorseLink was created to provide two services that are mutually beneficial to horses and people. Find out more about how we started, our horse retirement program and our Equine-Assisted Learning and Therapy programs.
HorseLink is driven by two identified needs; the burden of caring for retired horses no longer able to work or compete and an increased demand for aid in the areas of human and mental health services.
HorseLink is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization in the State of Texas.
Mailing address: PO Box 300571, Austin, TX 78703 * Phone: 512-360-8499 * Email: email@example.com